These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your access to and use of the Lalalama services and websites (the “Services”) and any information, text, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Services (collectively referred to as “Content”). Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Lalalama respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address.A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, Lalalama will also terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement appearing on the Services is email@example.com. We may revise these Terms from time to time; the most current version will always be attached to the latest service update. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you via an e-mail to the email associated with your account. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.(These terms of services were inspired by Twitter, Soundcloud, Dropbox)
* Respect others.
* Create, upload and share.
* Lalalama enables you to express yourself through your voice, sounds, and lets you share those sounds across the web. So, be creative, be expressive and share your ideas with the world. But remember – only share sounds that you have created yourself and have permission to share. If you are unsure whether you can upload something, check out our Copyright Information below this section.
* Criticize, but do it constructively.
* Criticism can be really valuable, but only when it’s done constructively. So, please share your opinions, but before posting anything, ask yourself "Would I appreciate receiving the same comment?".
* Record things that aren't yours to share.
* Recording and sharing means you must always be 100% certain that you are the creator of what you're sharing, or have permission from all relevant rights holders. Anyone who repeatedly records other people’s content risks having their account suspended or terminated. If you need more information about copyright, check out our Copyright Information below.
* Use someone else’s name.
* Lalalama usernames are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please don’t register accounts in the name of another person, or using someone else’s trademark, even if this is meant as a tribute. If you feel that someone is impersonating you on Lalalalma, or is infringing your trademark, you can tell us about it bysending an email.
* Rant, flame, troll or be an asshole.
* Lalalama is a social place but it's not the place for you to act out rage from other parts of your life. Don't let a personal issue strain the rest of the community. Inappropriate behaviour, including abusive, defamatory, obscene, racist or offensive comments, will put you at risk of having your account suspended or terminated.
* There’s a fine line between promoting your sounds and spamming. The more you can make your messages and actions personal and relevant, the less likely you are to be reported for spam. Faking your own popularity, or using sounds or comments to promote other products or services can be considered as spam and isn’t welcome on Lalalama.
We take these rules seriously, and expect you to as well. If you break these rules we will take action. If we receive notification from a rights holder that any sounds, text or images in your account infringe their copyright, or if we believe that your behaviour is inappropriate, we will send you a warning. If we have to send you more than two of these warnings, we will suspend your account. In the most extreme cases, we may suspend your account without warning.
Basically, be nice, respect the law and think before you post. In most cases, we'll send you a warning before we take other measures and we'll always try to act reasonably. We think this is fair but if you don't agree, maybe Lalalama is not the place for you.
These guidelines have been written down to ensure that everyone within the community has the experience they want. We're not trying to set up rules and regulations for exactly how you should and shouldn't act but rather to make clear that this should be a place of respect between people and a place for responsible content posting. We hope you agree and understand. If you do, don't or have any other questions or comments please let us know.
We may change these Community Guidelines from time to time, so please be sure to check back here every so often for any updates.
The Lalalama Team
Can you answer “yes” to all of the following questions?
* Is the recording spontaneous, as opposed to being recited from a script, play or book (other than one written by you)?
* Is it a recording of your performance?
* Did you make the recording yourself?
* Do you have the permission of anyone else appearing in the recording to upload and share the recording on Lalalama?Can you answer “no” to all of the following questions?
* Is the recording rehearsed or recited from a script, play or book (other than one written by you)?
* Does the recording contain any music or excerpts from other copyright works (e.g. movie dialogue)?
THE PLATFORM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WEBSITE, THE APPS AND ALL CONTENT AND SERVICES ACCESSED THROUGH OR VIA THE WEBSITE, THE APPS OR OTHERWISE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”.WHILST Lalalama USES REASONABLE ENDEAVOURS TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PLATFORM AS SOON AS PRACTICABLE ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO Lalalama’S ATTENTION, Lalalama MAKES NO PROMISES, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) REGARDING THE WEBSITE, THE APPS, THE SERVICES OR ANY PART OR PARTS THEREOF, ANY CONTENT, OR ANY LINKED SERVICES OR OTHER EXTERNAL SERVICES. Lalalama DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE PLATFORM OR ANY PART OR PARTS THEREOF, THE CONTENT, OR THE SERVERS ON WHICH THE PLATFORM OPERATES ARE OR WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Lalalama DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY TRANSMISSION OF CONTENT UPLOADED TO THE PLATFORM WILL BE SECURE OR THAT ANY ELEMENTS OF THE PLATFORM DESIGNED TO PREVENT UNAUTHORISED ACCESS, SHARING OR DOWNLOAD OF CONTENT WILL BE EFFECTIVE IN ANY AND ALL CASES, AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM IS LAWFUL IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION.Lalalama AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND SHAREHOLDERS, SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL OF THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES AND ANY OTHER WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT HEREIN TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.WHERE THE LAW OF ANY JURISDICTION LIMITS OR PROHIBITS THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES AS SET OUT ABOVE, THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAW OF SUCH JURISDICTION APPLIES TO THIS AGREEMENT.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(